Continuing our tradition of featuring PMP experience of the PMC Lounge community members, today we feature the experience of Swapnil Sapre who got PMP certified recently
I am excited and proud to share that I am now a PMI certified Project Management Professional after passing my exam last week. Although I have been practicing project management for last few years, I gained additional knowledge through the certification process which I know will benefit me to advance in my career.
My preparation schedule was of 70 days and details as below,
- I prepared a collage of Process flow diagram given in PMBOK 6th Edition on A 0 size paper. This helped me a lot to navigate through all 49 processes with clear understanding of process inputs and outputs. This was a key document during revisions.
- Reading PMBOK 6th Edition is must and I read PMBOK three times. Rita Mulcahy book was there to support you
- Make a pair of chapters with logic. Example, I paired Stakeholder management with Communication and risk management chapter.
- Solve as much as questions you can.I solved around 1400 questions. I actually attempted only one full time mock exam.
- There are so many videos on you tube related to PMP. I found PMC Lounge channel is good
Looking to clear the PMP exam? Start Here
All the books mentioned above are available here