Continuing our tradition of featuring PMP experience of the PMC Lounge community members, today we feature the experience of Swapnil Sapre who got PMP certified recently
I am excited and proud to share that I am now a PMI certified Project Management Professional after passing my exam last week. Although I have been practicing project management for last few years, I gained additional knowledge through the certification process which I know will benefit me to advance in my career.
My preparation schedule was of 70 days and details as below,
- I prepared a collage of Process flow diagram given in PMBOK 6th Edition on A 0 size paper. This helped me a lot to navigate through all 49 processes with clear understanding of process inputs and outputs. This was a key document during revisions.
- Reading PMBOK 6th Edition is must and I read PMBOK three times. Rita Mulcahy book was there to support you
- Make a pair of chapters with logic. Example, I paired Stakeholder management with Communication and risk management chapter.
- Solve as much as questions you can.I solved around 1400 questions. I actually attempted only one full time mock exam.
- There are so many videos on you tube related to PMP. I found PMC Lounge channel is good
Looking to clear the PMP exam? Start Here
All the books mentioned above are available here
More PMP Experience
Want to share your PMP Experience? Do it here